Motivated and ambitious illustration graduate with proven client-brief based experience and team skills, experienced in working with a large variety of artistic mediums, keen to take on the daily challenges that face an illustrator. Keen interest in current affairs; advanced research skills.
Excellent drawing and painting skills; confident in 'flat-bed' screen printing and the photo emulsion technique, also confident in using a copperplate press, etching,collography, mezzotint, monoprint and wood engraving. Skilled photographer.
Experience in prop making and stop motion animation.
Skilled in dimensional fabric sculpture.
Keen performance artist.
Confident user of all Office applications, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Corel, and the internet.
Experience of Quark, Dreamweaver and Fireworks.
Experience of both PC and Mac systems.
Education and Qualifications
2005-2008 University of Portsmouth
BA (Hons) Illustration 2:1
The degree course is renowned for its focus on developing advanced research skills, with further focus on cultural, political and social contexts, and the reliability of sources.
2004-2005 University of Portsmouth
ABC Diploma in Foundation Studies in Art & Design
1997-2004 Bishop Luffa CE school & Technology college
Art & Design (fine art) (A)
Media Studies (B)
Drama and Theatre Studies (B)
English Literature (B)
11 grade A*-B
2003- Present Lloyds Pharmacy (Emsworth)
Healthcare Assistant- PT
Certificate for 'Medicine Counter Assistants training'- The College of Pharmacy of Practise
'Customer First' award for 'providing exemplary service'
· Fully trained to take diabetes and blood pressure tests for customers, and to communicate results
· Ensuring the safety and well being of customers
· Advising customers and resolving customer issues
· Challenging and questioning patients to ascertain needs
Art related Experience
· London Comic Con - MCM Expo - Comic Village -October 2011
· London Comic Con - MCM Expo - Comic Village - May 2011
Sold independently produced art prints, postcards etc. of my comic artwork.
· 'I Am Joy' Exhibition - Aug 2011
Two pieces selected by a panel, which included curators from the Pallant House Gallery, for a summer exhibition in Chichester Guildhall.
· Prop making for 'Buttermouth' -Stop motion animation film, Part of 'The Magic Hour', a collaborative project, supported by the UK Film Council's New Cinema Fund. Directed by Andrew Gibbs.
· 'Zineopolis Collection'
Several pieces of my work including my autobiographical "Depression Diary" comic are in this collection.
· 'Emsworth Artists 2008, 2009, 2010 Summer Exhibition'
· 'Emsworth Artists 2007 Summer Exhibition'
I was selected by a panel to become a member of the 'Emsworth Artists', and in 2007 gained 3rd place in the Sydney J Stokes Award for the publics' favourite painting. 12 pieces submitted.
· 'The Society of Wood Engravers 71st Exhibition 2008'
Exhibition held at Bankside Gallery, London. 1 piece submitted.
· 'Vampirella ReVamp' contest 2008, sponsored by Harris Comics
'Merited Honourable Mentions' list. Competition to redesign the comic book character Vampirella.
· 'Friends & open Exhibition' at The Art House- Westbourne July- August 2008. 8 pieces submitted in exhibition, and jewellery regularly on sale.
· Work entered into the Cheltenham Illustration Awards 2008
· Numerous personal commissions including character design, wedding table planner design, acrylic portraits.
Additional Experience, Achievements and Qualifications
2004-2006 Youth work (Emsworth Baptist Church)
Running and organising youth clubs and activities for 11-14 year olds.
2003 Primary School teaching (St James' Primary School, Emsworth) Week of voluntary work experience with 7-8 year olds.
2002-2003 Young Enterprise OCR
OCR Level 2 Certificate in Enterprise-Individual's contribution,
OCR Level 2 Certificate in Enterprise- Assessing the performance of a Young Enterprise Company.
Worked as design and Advertising Director for a sixth form run Young Enterprise Company. Reached regional finals.
First Aid trained.
Health and Safety Trained.
Drivers Licence since 2004 with no endorsements.
References available on request